Thursday, May 7, 2009

Silent Auction for a Little Angel!!!

LEAVE A COMMENT AT THE END OF THIS POST TO HELP!!
THANK YOU!!!
WE CAN DO THIS AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE!!!!



Click on the above Picture of Alexis Grace to read her Story.

Hi everyone,
Hope all is well...

I am on a peaceful, hopefully helpful mission. First I am asking us all as a community to send up a prayer for this little angel. I have befriended a woman online that has a very ill little girl with cancer. Alexis Grace is now holding her own, but still has cancer. Here is the link to her blog so you can stop by and read her story, Please send up a prayer for Alexis.


Here are my plans, I am going to be working on a Silent online auction for the weekend of May 22nd. I am posting this message on my blog to hopefully get other artisit to help and pitch in.

The weekend of May 22nd on my blog I will have a few paintings to auction off with all proceeds going to Alexis Grace.

Heres how I am planning to work it.

First anyone who would like to place a bid, will leave me a comment and then email the bid to me.
Sunday night at 9:00 p.m. I will email the highest bidder to let them know they won. All proceeds will be sent directly to Jill (Alexis Mom).
Each seller (Artist) that holds the auction on their site will send a check or money order MADE PAYABLE TO: Children's Hospital (Seattle Children's) AND THEN SENT to Jill after the buyer pays.

I would like to also get other artist to do the same for that weekend on their blog/web sites.

Please Post Alexis link with a little of her story on your Blogs, to hopefully get the word out and find other artist willing to help/donate a piece of their art.
If some of the artist are busy, I will handle all the emails for bids as they can be filtered through me if need be.

So I am asking all of you to Please join in on this helpful mission and DONATE A PIECE OF YOUR ART THEN HOST A SILENT AUCTION THE WEEKEND OF MAY 22 ON YOUR SITE AS WELL.

IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO DONATE A PIECE OF ART AND DO NOT HAVE THE TIME, I WILL POST YOUR ART ON MY AUCTION AND HANDLE THE BIDS (I WILL MAKE SURE TO POST A LINK TO YOUR SITE)

IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO MAKE A CASH DONATION FOR ALEXIS, PLEASE EMAIL ME AND I WILL PROVIDE YOU WITH THE ADDRESS TO MAIL YOUR DONATION TO..THANK YOU!!!

I KNOW WE ARE IN HARD TIMES, IF YOU CAN NOT DONATE, PLEASE HELP BY SENDING A PRAYER UP FOR HER..

I am so hoping this will be a community effort to help this little angel and her family.

Thank You for taking the time to read this post!
Blessings Tammy

10 comments:

  1. Hey Tammy, This is a good thing to do. I will be participating...not sure how but I know I'll come up with something.
    I have a little advice about the auction...take it or leave it, of course...I don't think you should give people 2 weeks to pay. If folks bid, they should expect to pay right away. I have seen situations like this get messy and people not follow through.

    Talk to you later,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tammy your new banner looks great.

    Did you see the doctor?

    Poor little girl. It is so heartbreaking.

    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tammy,
    I will certainly keep Alexis Grace in my prayers. I also am will to participate in some way in the auction process. I'm thinking through which option might be best for me so I will be back to you about my plan. Thanks so much for this post and your care for Alexis Grace.
    Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks to all of you who have emailed me with donations of work.
    Together we can move mountains..
    Hugs
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I came across your blog this mg. I went to Alexis Grace's and read her story. This sweetheart's story touched my heart/I cried.
    The silent auction is this Friday, May 22nd, correct? I can be reached at aunteegem@yahoo.com
    thank you

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this breaks my heart. What a beautiful little girl.

    I came by to say hello since you are joining the Mixed Media Art ning group. If you didn't sign up please let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey,
    There you are..
    I lost your comments, and just found them..
    So Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you all..
    I had the comments under moderate, and did not know...
    Thank You for your help and Prayers for Alexis..
    God Bless..
    Hugs
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Tammy,

    This just breaks my heart. I will be adding some items to my blog today in participation of the silent art auction. I'll email you after while to discuss details and let you know when it's up.

    Best,
    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Alicia,
    Thank You!!!
    I know she is such a sweetheart, and all she has had to go through at her young age.
    Blessings
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would love to donate art!!! What do I need to do?

    ReplyDelete